Saalio Iontophoresis Device - Armpits
The innovative and effective treatment against pathological sweating under the armpits
£586.09 £618.99 -5%
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- For the armpits
- Reduces perspiration
- Simple & intuitive use
- Individually adjustable
Item no.: SM-07-01-000-07, Content: 1 Set, EAN: n/a
Iontophoresis Device for the Armpits
- Perspiring is an absolutely natural, healthy process that occurs as a normal reaction to high temperatures, physical activity or even stress. If, however, excessive, pathological sweating occurs, this is a clinical condition called "hyperhidrosis". Those who suffer from hyperhidrosis experience uncomfortable physical sensations like odour and moisture as well as psychological burdens like fearing that they may smell, fear of shaking hands or body contact or that others might view them negatively because of their condition. All of these factors can seriously affect the private and professional lives of people suffering from hyperhidrosis.
- Deodorants are not sufficient in cases of hyperhidrosis as they only inhibit the formation of odours. In this case, antiperspirants might be helpful, but they are mostly based on astringent aluminium salts that have limited impacts on sweat and also may irritate your skin. Conventional medicine could provide solutions of a medicinal or surgical nature, but these solutions cannot be reversed. Saalio® offers you a painless, reversible alternative with their iontophoresis device. The iontophoresis device is innovative and efficient with few side effects. The device does not require taking any medication or additional substances.
- The device streams a weak but direct current as a stream of ions across the skin and, with consistent use, normalizes sweat production without permanently impairing or even damaging the function of the sweat glands. According to international studies over the last 20 years, the device has been proven to reduce sweat secretion by approx. 90% with regular use. The sweat-reducing effect is, however, reversible. The effect only lasts as long as you regularly use the iontophoresis device.
- Since the iontophoresis device was developed to treat focal primary hyperhidrosis (individual sweat-producing areas such as hands, feet, face or armpits), it can also be used directly on these parts of the body. It can be used either in a water bath (for the hands and feet) or with wet electrodes (on the armpits and face). It is also possible to choose between direct or pulsing currents when using the device. Your choice of whether you prefer direct or pulsing currents depends on how you react to the current as well as how you would like to use the device on which area of your body. Some people respond to the different options for direct or pulsing currents differently- one type of current delivery (direct or pulsing) might be more effective than the other. As the user, you can choose the most comfortable type of currently delivery and the strength of the current yourself.
- Use the device directly on your hands, feet, face or armpits. Initially, using the device at least 4 times a week for around 15 minutes each time is recommended. Experience shows that the first results can be seen within the first 2-3 weeks. After consistent use over a few weeks, 1-2 uses per week are sufficient to maintain the effect.
Medical supervision of the iontophoresis therapy is strongly recommended. The focus is on the fact that hyperhidrosis is not caused by other primary diseases!
The Saalio® iontophoresis device offers you:
- Direct current & pulse current, all in the same device
- Custom settings: you choose the duration of therapy, the current strength, the current form & the current direction
- Continuous feedback on the amount of current actually flowing
- Safety functions to avoid the so-called "pasture fence effect" (electrical shocks)
- Easy use thanks to convenient symbols and a large graphic display on the device
- A pause function & limit switch-off that use sounds as signals
- No open electrode contacts in the water bath or anywhere else on the device
- Soft, large & highly conductive silicone/graphite electrodes (light & flexible) and graphite fibres - ideal for people who are allergic to chrome or nickel
- Specially shaped ergonomic treatment tubs
- Soft, open-pored foam liners - very comfortable and quick-drying
- Breathable fabric bag for storage
- 4-year warranty
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Maximum current: 30 mA
- Dimensions of the entire system (transport): 40 x 21 x 9 cm (L x W x H)
- Total system weight: 1.2 kg
Scope of delivery:
- Saalio® iontophoresis device (direct / pulsing current)
- 1 pair of armpit electrodes with sponge pockets made of natural-coloured fleece without dyes or preservatives
- 2 electrode leads with 3 mm diameter
- Wide-range plug-in power supply (can be used for trips abroad)
- Saalio® fabric bag for storage
- Clear instructions for use with a diary for recording treatment dates (illustrated in colour)
Saalmann products are certified according to:
- TÜV SÜD, DIN EN ISO 13485 (quality management system for medical devices)
- QVH Service GmbH - prequalification according to § 126 paragraph 1a SGB V